Click Here For The New Website
Information below remains here for reference purposes.
29th Annual Santa Barbara Shootout Sponsored By Brine
February 17 - 19, 2017 At The ERG Polo Fields
Twelve 65 x 120 Yards Regulation Size Fields On Pristine Short Cut Bermuda Await You!
Registration for the 29th Annual Santa Barbara Shootout is back on track. We were temporarily on wait-list status after the first sixty-four teams filled up existing space. We now have field space for up to ninety-six teams! It's one of the higher end polo field surfaces in the nation too. Rarely played on it's a lush expanse of green a quick exit from Highway 101. GPS to 150 Lambert Road, Carpinteria, CA 93013 if you would like to aerial view it. Field layout map and directions will be posted along with the schedule by January 15th.
WCLA requirements include a format with full length stop clock games in order for games to count for national rankings. We will be running regulation stop clock games for all WCLA D1 and D2 games as well as WWLL B Division games for uniformity. This affects the start and stop time for games. We will be starting every two hours as such...8am, 10pm, 12pm, 2pm & 4pm each of the three days of play. This does not affect the 18U and younger divisions.
To Be Here Or Not To Be Here:
That is the question. To play on any given day a team must be available the entire day. Make your travel plans according to the full days of tournament play. Contact your desired opponents and set up mutually agreed upon match--ups day by day. Be ready to accept start times anytime 8:00am through 4:00pm on any day you're playing in the Shootout.
WCLA Teams Playing Full Length Games Saturday Has A One Game Limit Or Pay A Fee
Saturday is our busiest day at the Shootout. Some teams play Friday & Saturday. Other teams play Saturday & Sunday. The common day is Saturday and it's too busy for every WCLA division team to play two games. Friday or Sunday are the days to match-up with two opponents. Saturday is the day to match-up with one opponent. Still, so many college teams try to shoehorn two games on Saturday we have a new policy for 2016. It is now $250 per team for a second Saturday game. Teams will be billed for this after they turn in their game request form if it has two Saturday games on it. Even with this not every team is going to get their Saturday two game match-up requests. Please look at playing two games on Friday or two games on Sunday.
All needed documents, forms, directions, printable invoices and required waivers are available on this page. Please click on complete index to jump to the bottom of the page.
- SB Shootout Complete Index
- 10U Teams (3rd & 4th Grade Girls, 7 v. 7)
- 12U Teams (5th & 6th Grade Girls)
- 14U Teams (7th & 8th Grade Girls)
- 16U Teams (H.S. J.V. Level Girls)
- 18U Teams (H.S. Varsity Level Girls)
- College WWLL B Teams
- College WCLA D2 Teams
- College WCLA D1 Teams
- Open (Post-Collegiate Teams)
Meals at Tropicana Gardens Cafeteria
Rental Cars and Vans From Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car. A great $95 per day rate on 12 passenger vans picked up at LA Airport, Burbank Airport or Santa Barbara Airport. 5% discount for rental of a van from any other Enterprise location. These are at the airport Enterprise Rent-A-Car locations.
Entry Fee Options (Printable Invoice & W-9)
Post-Collegiate, 18U, 16U, 14U, 12U & 10U Teams
- $750 Per Team if paid on-line or postmarked by December 15th for Early Bird Pricing.
- $950 Per Team if paid on-line or postmarked after December 15th for Regular Pricing.
- $1,150 Per Team if postmarked after January 15th for Late Pricing.
WCLA D1, D2 & B Teams (Covers First Three Games)
- $950 Per Team if paid on-line or postmarked by December 15th for Early Bird Pricing.
- $1,150 Per Team if paid on-line or postmarked after December 15th for Regular Pricing.
- $1,350 Per Team if paid on-line or postmarked after January 15th for Late Pricing.
- $145 Is the extra game fee for a fourth game.
WCLA Division & College B Team Division Format
- 30 minute halves with a stop clock and 10 minute halftime (full length regulation U.S.L. WCLA games).
- All other US Lacrosse WCLA rules apply.
- Team listed first wears their white/light jersey.
- WCLA legislation does not allow for a reduction in game time from 30 minute halves. This was new in 2012. Therefore, if there's a modified schedule due to grass fields closing due to rain or other uncontrollable circumstances then the number of games will be reduced, not the game time length.
18U, 16U, 14U, 12U & 10U Divisions Format (Pool Play With Cross-Over Games)
- 20 minute halves with a running clock until last two minutes of each half. Three (3) minute halftime.
- Most other U.S. Lacrosse rules apply but no team time-outs and no over-time during pool play on Saturday. Sudden victory, first goal wins, overtime will be used on Sunday.
- Team listed first wears their white/light jersey.
Future Santa Barbara Shootouts *
- February 17 - 19, 2017
- February 16 - 18, 2018
- February 15 - 17, 2019
- February 14 - 16, 2020
* To play on any given day a team must be available the entire day. There is no picking and choosing of availability for start time or end time on a day of play. Make your travel plans accordingly. Effective starting with the 2012 Shootout.
Docs And Forms To Download