Fifth Annual Santa Barbara Fall Brawl at UCSB Sponsored by Brine
Saturday and Sunday, October 20 - 21, 2012
Thank You Title IX Women's Lacrosse Division (32 Teams)
2012 Schedule & Results (PDF)
Open Division For Mens Teams (6 Teams)
Thirty-eight teams played sixty games at The Fifth Annual Santa Barbara Fall Brawl Sponsored by Brine on Saturday and Sunday, October 20 - 21, 2012 at UCSB. The new two day option was for teams traveling in from outside the area to make it more attractive for them to participate. Teams that wanted to make only a day trip of it played only on Sunday. The UCSB men's and women's lacrosse programs hosted this fine event.
Thirty-two girls and womens teams played in the Thank You Title IX Women's Lacrosse Division and six men's teams played in the inaugural Open Division For Men's Lacrosse Teams. The girls and women side of the event was part of the UCSB Diversity, Equity & Academic Policy office promotional celebration of the 40th Anniversary of Title IX along with other events being held at UCSB all throughout October.
A few teams finished their set game schedule undefeated in 2012. In the Girl's Lacrosse Middle School (U-13) Division SoCAL Edge (Orange County) was a perfect 3-0 on Sunday. In the High School Risers (U-15) Division it was Team OC Orange going 3-0 on Sunday. In the High School Elite (U-17) Division the Pacific Falcons (San Diego) ran the table with four wins over Saturday and Sunday, East Bay Lax Rats (Northern California) were 3-0-1 in play on Saturday and Sunday, and the Trojan Select Elite team was 3-0 on Sunday.
Collegiate and Post-Collegiate teams were mixed together in the Competitive Division and the Super Division. UNLV and SBCC were both undefeated in the Women's Lacrosse Competitive Division. The UCSB Blue team was the only undefeated team in the Women's Lacrosse Super Division. The Open Men Division teams played a championship format since a six team schedule had to fit on one field. Six out of seven fields were jam packed with girls and women from 9am to 5pm. Ventura County Bombers won their pool and advanced to play the SBCC Lacrosse Club, winners of the other pool, in the championship. A dramatic and long golden goal overtime resulted in a Ventura 4-3 win for the inaugural Open Men's Division.
2012 Santa Barbara Fall Brawl Divisions
- Open Men (All Collegiate or Post-Collegiate Teams)
- Super Women (NCAA Teams, Top WCLA Teams)
- Competitive Women (Building WWLL Teams, B Teams & Alumni Teams)
- H.S. Club Elite Girls (Under-17, Primarily 11th & 12th Grade)
- H.S. Club Risers Girls (Under-15, Primarily 9th & 10th Grade)
- Middle School Girls (Under-13, Primarily 7th & 8th Grade)
- Under-11 Girls (Primarily 5th & 6th Grade)
Check Back For 2013 Dates & Registration
- $425 Per Team (Postmarked by October 1st)
- Includes three 40 minute officiated scrimmages.
- $525 Per Team (Postmarked after October 1st, Pending Space Available)
- Includes three 40 minute officiated scrimmages.
Air Travel, Hotels and Rental Vehicles With Santa Barbara Travel Bureau
Santa Barbara Travel Bureau is the official travel agency of the Santa Barbara Fall Brawl. All team and fan travel needs may now be arranged with an e-mail or a phone call to one contact. Group travel and meeting specialist Erin Zetter has everything you need at her finger tips. Through Santa Barbara Travel all teams and fans coming to the Fall Brawl may secure air travel, hotel rooms and 12 passenger vans or regular cars.
Group air contracts with name changes allowed up to a few days before the trip available through Santa Barbara Travel. E-mail Erin Zetter at Santa Barbara Travel or call her at (805) 869-1110.
Hotels Located in Goleta (10 Minutes From UCSB)
- Holiday Inn. Call for the rate, based on availability, per night + tax. E-mail Erin Zetter at Santa Barbara Travel or call her at (805) 869-1110.
- Ramada. Friday and Saturday Night ($155 for 1 King Bed and $175 for 2 Queen Beds). Sunday Night ($99 for 1 King Bed and $109 for 2 Queen Beds). A two night minimum is required for a Saturday night stay at this property. All rates are per night + tax and include a deluxe continental breakfast with made to order waffles. Call (800) 654-1065 or (805) 964-3511 and ask for Sara Morales or Drew Wakefield.
- Courtyard by Marriott. $189 per night for Double Queens. Rate is per night + tax and and includes complimentary wireless internet and parking. Use the group code sansana by Going Directly To A Reservation Page or call (805) 968-0500 and provide group code sansana to get the tournament rate.
Hotel Located in Downtown Santa Barbara Near The Beach (20 Minutes From UCSB)
* All room blocks released three weeks prior to the first day of the tournament so book early.
- Fess Parker's DoubleTree Resort Hotel. $179 per night + tax for King or Double Queen rooms. Includes complimentary parking and guestroom internet, which normally incur a fee at this resort hotel. Teams please e-mail sales manager Heather Fults or call her at (805) 884-8522. Individuals please call Fess Parker reservations at (800) 879-2929 or (805) 884-8511.
Rental Cars and Vans From Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car. A great $95 per day rate on 12 passenger vans picked up at LA Airport, Burbank Airport or Santa Barbara Airport. 5% discount for rental of a van from any other Enterprise location. E-mail Erin Zetter at Santa Barbara Travel or call her at (805) 869-1110. This is an at the airport Enterprise Rent-A-Car location.
Format - This is an informal play-day, full field scrimmage opportunity with two 20 minute halves, a running clock except for the last two minutes of each half and a 5 minute half-time. Each team gets one time-out over the entire game. Overtimes will not be played. Tied games remain tied. Each team gets three of these scrimmages. Scores and stats will not be recorded, although a score will be visible at the score table. Clubs may utilize swing players, those that play on two teams, since most programs do not set their A & B team rosters until February. All other USL rules apply.
Trainers - Look for our trainer station underneath one of our EZ-Up tents. Taping, first-aid and injury ice are available at that station.
Water - Water will be provided at the fields but participants will need to bring their own water bottles. Cups will not be provided.
Food & Beverages - Maui Wowi will be on-site with smoothies and coffee drinks. The Wurst natural sausages will be on-site with chicken and turkey sausages on great buns. If you would like you can walk across the street to the all you can eat cafeteria in Tropicana Gardens Residence Hall at 6585 El Colegio Road between games. To set up a group buy at a discounted price contact Dave Wilcox at (805) 968-4319. Otherwise, you may just pay individually at the door.
Vendors - A limited number of Santa Barbara Fall Brawl tank tops will be for sale by UCSB players on vendor row. We will also have some past event shirts for sale in case anyone missed our Shootout shirts from years past. Lacrosse Fanatic will also be set up on vendor row with a supply of sticks, goggles, mouthguards and neat gear for your players to investigate. If there's anything specific you really want to make sure they have for you then please contact Kellie Finn by e-mail or at (408) 666-1916.
Waivers - These are self-printable, below. Coaches and Team Rep's, these waivers are due at the score table on the field of your first game. Please have all of them for each member of your team organized/bundled in a letter sized envelope with your team name on it. There is no other check-in required.
Docs and Forms to Download
- 2012 Schedule & Results
- 2011 Schedule & Results
- 2010 Schedule & Results
- Air Travel, Hotels and Rental Vehicles
- Apply To Referee
- Campus Map
- Directions to UCSB and the Fields
- Docs & Forms (Directions, Invoice, Maps, Waivers, etc.)
- Entry Fee
- Facility and Field Diagram
- General Information (Format, Officials, Trainers, Vendors, etc.)
- Group Liability Waiver (Over 18, No Place for Parent/Guardian to Sign)
- Individual Liability Form (Under Age 18, Parent/Guardian Must Sign)
- Participating Teams
- Register Your Team (Closed)
- 2012 Schedule & Results
- Vendors On-Site
Register Your Team For The Fall Brawl (Closed)
Entry fee received teams listed in green, below.