Seventh Annual Santa Barbara Fall Brawl Sponsored by Brine
Womens Divisions at UCSB on Saturday, November 22, 2014
The next Santa Barbara Fall Brawl is for collegiate and post-collegiate women's lacrosse teams.
Index For Everything You Need
Last year, thirty-nine teams played sixty games at the Fifth Annual Santa Barbara Fall Brawl Sponsored by Brine on Saturday and Sunday, October 20 - 21, 2012 at UCSB. The new two day option was for teams traveling in from outside the area to make it more attractive for them to participate. Teams that wanted to make only a day trip of it played only on Sunday. The UCSB women's lacrosse program hosted this fine event.
Youth and high school teams have shifted to the new Santa Barbara Showdown but here's how that play went in 2013. A few teams finished their set game schedule undefeated in 2012. In the Girl's Lacrosse Middle School (U-13) Division SoCAL Edge (Orange County) was a perfect 3-0 on Sunday. In the High School Risers (U-15) Division it was Team OC Orange going 3-0 on Sunday. In the High School Elite (U-17) Division the Pacific Falcons (San Diego) ran the table with four wins over Saturday and Sunday, East Bay Lax Rats (Northern California) were 3-0-1 in play on Saturday and Sunday, and the Trojan Select Elite team was 3-0 on Sunday.
Collegiate and Post-Collegiate teams were mixed together in the Competitive Division and the Super Division. UNLV and SBCC were both undefeated in the Women's Competitive Division. The UCSB Blue team was the only undefeated team in the Women's Super Division.
2014 Santa Barbara Fall Brawl Divisions
- Super Women (NCAA, Top WCLA & Post-Collegiate Teams)
- Competitive Women (WCLA D2, Building WWLL, B Teams & Alumni Teams)
- Younger Teams (H.S. & Younger) Attend SB Showdown
2014 Santa Barbara Fall Brawl Registration
- Women's Compeitive & Super Divisions Registration (Closed)
- $475 Per Team (Postmarked by September 15th)
- Includes three 40 minute officiated scrimmages.
- $575 Per Team (Postmarked after September 15th, Pending Space Available)
Hotels Located in Goleta (10 Minutes From UCSB)
- Hampton Inn. $139 for 1 King Bed and $149 for 2 Queen Beds. Rates are per night + tax and include a hot breakfast or breakfast to go with you to the field. Go Directly To A Reservation Page or call reservations at (805) 681-9800 and ask for the Santa Barbara Fall Brawl rate, based on space availability. Coaches please call 805-681-9800 and ask to speak to Marcella Cuevas to set up a sub block of rooms for your team.
- Pacifica Suites. $159 per two bedroom suite per night for up to four people per suite. $10 per night for up to two additional people in the suite. Rate is per night + tax and includes a full cooked to order breakfast. Individuals please call (800) 338-6772 or (805) 964-7690 and ask for the Santa Barbara Fall Brawl rate, based on space availability. Coaches please call (805) 964-7690 and ask to speak to Rachael Martin to set up a sub block of rooms for your team.
- Ramada. $152 for 1 King Bed and $169 for 2 Queen Beds. All rates are per night + tax and include a deluxe continental breakfast with made to order waffles. Individuals call (800) 654-1065 and ask for the Santa Barbara Fall Brawl rate, based on space availability. Teams call (805) 964-3511 and ask for Drew Wakefield.
* All room blocks released three weeks prior to the first day of the tournament so book early.
Format - This is an informal play-day, full field scrimmage opportunity with two 25 minute halves, a running clock and a 5 minute half-time. No time outs and overtimes will not be played. Tied games remain tied. Each team gets three of these scrimmages. Scores and stats will not be recorded, although a score will be visible at the score table. Clubs may utilize swing players, those that play on two teams, since most programs do not set their A & B team rosters until February. All other USL rules apply.
Sports Medicine Trainers - Look for our trainer station underneath one of our EZ-Up tents. Taping, first-aid and injury ice are available at that station. Please bring your med kit / taping supplies with you for preventative taping requests.
Water - Water will be provided at the fields but participants will need to bring their own water bottles. Cups will not be provided.
Food & Beverages - Food is not allowed on the turf so no food or beverages will be sold. You may take advantage of the all you care to eat cafeteria in Tropicana Gardens Residence Hall at 6585 El Colegio Road between games. To set up a group buy at a discounted price contact Dave Wilcox at (805) 968-4319. Otherwise, you may just pay individually at the door.
Vendors - A limited number of Santa Barbara Fall Brawl tank tops will be for sale by UCSB players on vendor row. We will also have some past event shirts for sale in case anyone missed our Shootout shirts from years past. Brine will be there to display the latest and greatest in their inventory. Cal Pro Sports will also be set up on vendor row with a supply of sticks, goggles, mouthguards and neat gear for your players to investigate. If there's anything specific you really want to make sure they have for you then please contact Aaron Karsh by e-mail or at (310) 619-5093.
Waivers - These are self-printable, below. Coaches and Team Rep's, these waivers are due at the score table on the field of your first game. Please have all of them for each member of your team organized/bundled in an envelope or folder with your team name on it. There is no other check-in required.
Docs and Forms to Download
- 2014 Schedule
- 2013 Schedule & Results (For Reference)
- 2012 Schedule & Results (For Reference)
- 2011 Schedule & Results (For Reference)
- 2010 Schedule & Results (For Reference)
- Air Travel, Hotels and Rental Vehicles
- Apply To Referee
- Docs & Forms (Directions, Invoice, Maps, Waivers, etc.)
- Entry Fee
- General Information (Format, Officials, Trainers, Vendors, etc.)
- Individual Liability Form (Under Age 18, Parent/Guardian Must Sign)
- Participating Teams
- Register Your Team (Closed)
- Vendors On-Site
- Waiver, Page 1 - Individual Liability Form (Under Age 18, Parent/Guardian Must Sign)
- Waiver, Page 2 - Group Liability Waiver (Over 18, No Place for Parent/Guardian to Sign)
Entry fee received teams listed in green, below.
Santa Barbara Fall Brawl 2014 Participating Teams
|1. Lady Cougs (Claremont)
|2. San Marcos
||2. Northern Colorado
||4. Sonoma State
|5. UCSB Blue
||5. UC Irvine
||7. UCSB Gold
||8. UCSB White
Sponsors & Vendors