Diablo Valley College Viking Lacrosse
The DVC Way - Expectations of Lacrosse Players
- Conduct. You are representatives of yourselves, DVC and Viking Lacrosse when you are on and off the field. You have a higher level of responsibility than other students to maintain composure, respect for instructors, fellow students, other DVC coaches, fellow DVC athletes, opposing players and coaches, and referees. Without the support of family, the lacrosse community and other supporters, this opportunity would not be possible. Please let your positive conduct and words of appreciation to fans, family, and the lacrosse community convey your appreciation for this unique opportunity.
- Attendance at practice and games is mandatory; no excuses – let family and work know NOW; commitment is required; poor attendance or frequent absenteeism at practice will result in loss of playing time for individuals, regardless of skill level and may lead to suspension from the team/club.
- Players must show up ON TIME and participate in our Viking warm ups.
- Course conflicts will not be allowed; enroll in your classes on the same day you are eligible to register for classes; at this time practices are tentatively scheduled for Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings from 6:45 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
- Enroll in at least seven (8) units at DVC including KNACT 174A - MEN'S LACROSSE below.
- Academics are extremely important, BUT are not a reason to miss games or practice; it is your responsibility as a student athlete to manage your time effectively around your assignments and tests.
- Enroll in KNACT 174A – MEN'S LACROSSE (2 units), the required lacrosse course.
- Check email daily; provide cell phone #’s for text messages from Club President.
- Follow organized, consistent Viking warm up schedule led by coaches and/or captains.
- Schedule work and classes around lacrosse practices and expected game days (MW) and anticipated scheduled games on (WED, SAT, SUN). Let employers know that this club is a part of your educational commitment. We are preparing you for the commitment to play at the next level.
- Comply with an organized sideline during practice and games with player bags; do not dress behind goals!
- Take individual responsibility in complying with in season weight training program during the Fall semesters
- Commit to learning offense/defense strategies including off ball movement and positioning; this will include classroom film sessions and on-field instruction, walk-throughs, etc.
- Pay attention to coaches even if you are not part of a drill. You are expected to learn from paying attention to coaches, observing when not participating in walk-throughs , as well as when your are walking through sets.
- During practice and games the ONLY discussions and conversations should be about lacrosse. Concentration and focus are required to take this team to the next level.
- Returning players who pay club dues by the announced deadline will get first choices of uniform numbers. New players who pay their dues may choose from available numbers after the announced deadline.
- Attendance at the Kick-off event/picture day/uniform ceremony/pasta feed fundraiser is required; the date will be given to you months in advance. Invite family and friends. Photos taken that day will be used in the upcoming season's Viking Lacrosse program.
- Attendance at Fall tournaments. Three games are played usually, and we need all hands on deck at these “tourneys.” They are generally played on Saturdays and are schedule in advance.
- Participation in fund raisers is necessary to keep dues to a minimum. Compliance with these efforts is essential.
- Athletes supporting athletes. Viking Lacrosse has taken the lead in supporting DVC team sports which typically have a small fan base. Viking Lacrosse has "adopted" Women's Soccer, and Women's Volleyball. Attendance at these games is fun, builds comradery among the team, and serves as a model for the college with athletes supporting fellow athletes.
- No Refunds. Viking Lacrosse club commits money to equipment, uniforms, referees and sports medicine based on club enrollment, and working on a thin margin to keep the cost of dues low, eliminates the possibility of refunds regardless of the reason a player must leave the club.
2013 - DVC Viking Lacrosse | Website by LaxTeams.net