Team Member Info
Head Coach - Eric Valois. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 205-3690.
Assistant Coach - Jacklyn Taylor. E-mail email@example.com or call (858) 357-7960.
Advisor 1 - Angela Warren. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 965-0581 x8744.
Advisor 2 - Paul Ramsey. E-mail email@example.com or call (805) 636-6772.
President - Shannon Keene. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 844-5851.
Vice-President - Open
Treasurer - Open.
Social Chair - Briki Cajandig. E-mail email@example.com or call (530) 400-4068.
Co-Captain - Open.
Co-Captain - Open.
SBCC Fall Ball Squad practices are TThFr 12:00 to 2:00pm for six weeks on the UCSB RecCen Turf Field #4. The first team dues payment is $205 per person (covers clothing & gear players get to keep) due two weeks into practice. Everyone also pays the UCSB Rec Sports $35 participation fee to get to use the turf at UCSB. See "Joining The Team" section, below.
Fall Semester Training Schedule
Spring Semester Training Schedule
SBCC women's lacrosse is an open try-out program. Everyone is welcome and no experience is necessary. Even if you weren't recruited we have a spot in the program for you.
Steps to Take to Join the Team:
1. Contact head coach Eric Valois or using the contact information above.
2. Join the team Facebook Group. Most communication goes out on this group.
3. Fill out the on-line Player Information Form and submit it.
4. Register as a Rec Sport / Sport Club athlete on the UCSB Recreation Department website. Choose the SBCC student option (course #4198 for registration and course #4199 for fall dues). The fee to register is $35 and this is a registration fee, a try-it fee and a try-out fee. (The default is 0 x $35 so select 1 x $35 when prompted). The fee is non-refundable. Please use your SBCC Pipeline e-mail address to create your account.
5. Clear your spring semester schedule for 12 to 2pm practices TuThFr. If you have to travel between SBCC and UCSB to get to practice account for travel time.
6. Pay the first installment toward overall team dues of $205 by check payable to UCSB Women's Lacrosse Club or on-line through UCSB Recreation Department website (course #3044). UCSB Recreation kindly allows the SBCC Team to be on the books as the UCSB C Team for administration and facility use. You may also pay on-line if you would like to use a credit card. These dues go toward expenses for tournament entry fees, travel, home game officials, trainers, team gear you will keep like your team shorts and reversible practice jersey. Once you've paid the $205 first dues payment then the spring balance due is $495. If you turn out in the spring then the total due is $700. All expenses come out of the budget funded by dues. There is no second hit for gas on a road trip or van rental later in the season or anything incidental. Post-season expenses will be assessed if the team makes post-season.
All dues and fees are non-refundable once paid.
Most home games are played as part of double headers with UCSB at UCSB. Therefore, all SBCC players register as UCSB Rec Sport Athletes. UCSB provides a field and support staff for the games. The $35 UCSB Rec Sports Athlete fee gets the team field space at UCSB, score table staff and an athletic trainer. Practicing and playing at SBCC is not possible at this time.
Team Attendance Policy
Being in class is the only reason a player should miss practice.However, the team attendance policy allows for every player to have one personal day per semester. No reason need be given, just provide advance notice you will be missing practice. After the one personal day has been used a player should miss practice only in the event of an emergency. Advance communication is the key here. Without advance notice the miss is an unexcused absence. An unexcused absence results in sitting out the next game or scrimmage. The personal day is meant to be applied to practices but it could, perhaps, be used for a scrimmage or game provided the request is due to an unusual situation and communicated well in advance. Note, someone who is already missing practice or part of practice because of their class schedule should not use their personal day on top of all the other missed practices.
Team Dues & Fundraising
Team dues are the primary resource for funding the program. Dues total $700 but there is a way to reduce your dues, read below in the fundraising section. All dues and fees are non-refundable once paid. $205 is the first dues payment, typically paid in the fall, and $495 is the second dues payment, typically due in the spring. Dues may be paid by check or money order or credit card. These go toward expenses for coaching salaries, tournament entry fees, travel, home game officials, team gear you will keep like your team shorts and reversible practice jersey. If you've paid the $205 fall dues then the spring balance due is $495, otherwise it's $700. All expenses comes out of the budget funded by dues. There is no second hit for gas on a road trip or van rental later in the season or anything incidental. All dues and fees are non-refundable once paid.
Each team member is also responsible for fundraising $250 to help offset expenses required to run the program. Numerous fundraising opportunities will be provided by the team leadership during the fall semester that will allow you to raise more than $250. Anyone who raises more than $250 can deduct the balance from their spring dues.
SBCC Students, Westmont Students and UCSB Grad Students
SBCC students may only play on the SBCC Team since the WWLL and the WCLA require teams to use only full-time students at the institution they represent. UCSB Grad students and Westmont students please contact UCSB head coach Paul Ramsey for information about playing opportunities in the Santa Barbara area. Eventually Westmont students should begin forming a Westmont team. If you're a Westmont student please contact Paul Ramsey and contact the Student Life Office at Westmont to get information about your team. Also look for the Westmont Women's Lacrosse Club group on Facebook. UCSB Grad students may play for the UCSB A or B teams if they have WDIA eligiblity remaining. Contact UCSB head coach Paul Ramsey with any questions about your eligibility.
SBCC Men's Lacrosse Contact Information
Head Coach - Open.
Assistant Coach - Open.
President - Clinton Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org or (661) 219-1174.
Vice-President - Al Ross at email@example.com or (510) 962-0631.
To get your name on a list to be contacted if a team forms at SBCC please go to one of the two information forms listed below.
Copyright 2013 - Santa Barbara City College Lacrosse | Website by LaxTeams.net