Transfer to UCSB
SBCC is Your Best Choice for Transfer to UCSB
- SBCC consistently ranks #1 in transferring students to UCSB, above all four year schools and all 109 California community colleges.
- SBCC has a Transfer Admission Agreement (TAA) with UCSB, usually referred to as “The Guarantee.”
- Students who successfully meet the conditions of the TAA will be offered guaranteed admission to UCSB.
- The UC transferable GPA required to qualify for the fall TAG was a 3.2 cumulative GPA.
- The TAA applies for transfer for the fall quarter.
- SBCC students who do not meet the TAA may still admitted to UCSB if space is available.
- SBCC students have more access to UCSB admissions representatives and recruiters than students at any other CC.
- SBCC is the only CC that provides individual updates to students in the Transfer Academy regarding their progress towards UCSB transfer.
- Every SBCC academic counselor is an expert on UCSB admissions requirements.
- SBCC curriculum most closely mirrors UCSB GE curriculum than that of any other CC.
- The transfer admission agreement is available to all 109 CA community colleges. However, SBCC continues to be the best option for students from all over due to our close articulation of classes/majors and the ability to take a class at UCSB for $18 while still being enrolled at SBCC.
- Join the SBCC → UCSB Transfer Academy and receive additional support services.
- Angela Warren, the head of the SBCC Transfer Center, is the women’s lacrosse team advisor.
- The SBCC women’s lacrosse team works closely with the UCSB women’s lacrosse teams and trains side by side with them on the turf at UCSB.
Print Our Flyer For Your Parents